Saturday, April 28, 2007

Short Words and Dreams

April 21, 2007

10:45 PM



Sometimes I look at the sun and suddenly it hits me how big and close that star really is.


April 24, 2007

7:45 AM


Do you see it?
I do. Everyday.
I can never
Stop watching it.


April 24, 2007

8:00 PM


I’m a dreamer. Why else would I have joined an organization that sent me half way across the world to try and improve the life of a tiny village?


April 26, 2007

8:00 PM

I think Mr. Andrew Paul Lewis said it best in a phone conversation the other day. We were having a conversation about the effects that I have on my students. I happened to be in English Club when he called, which is usually when the collection of my best students (not necessarily in English, but the ones who seem to care about learning) come for extra lessons. In response to my comment about how the sad fact is that I believe that the majority of my students could care less about school, let alone, English lessons, Andrew stated:

“For them, you will be that crazy American they talk about in their Vodka circles.”

It is so true. I will change the lives of a few and for the rest I will be a novelty of the past. I have no problem with that though. The ones I can reach will forever remember what I did for them and I will be forever proud of them. The ones I cannot reach, I just hope that I provide some good conversation for them on a boring winter day in the future.